Friday, June 17, 2011

Dear Comcast...

  On Sunday, June 5, 2011, my husband finally won the argument about me having cable in my home for the first time since 2005.  He was able to sway me from my rabbit ears and Netflix with the promise of faster internet and being able to see first-run episodes of Hoarders.  Plus there’s OWN, which has Judds drama, Fergie drama, and Shania Twain relearning how to sing after her husband had an affair, which I don’t really understand but good for her getting back out there.
  We were supposed to have the cable connected in our living room and our bedroom, but our technician (#8749) informed us that would be “too much effort” (his actual words) for one morning’s work, so we’d have to schedule the bedroom for some other time and pay for a second visit.  No one has followed up with us on this, which would be nice.
  We enjoyed our cable, On Demand, and high-speed internet for eight days.  On Tuesday, June 14, 2011, our cable became detached on the exterior of the house, requiring a technician to come out and repair it.  As of this writing, I am still attempting to make that happen.  In a span of four days, I have logged over three hours of phone conversations and a 35-minute live chat with a total of eleven of your representatives, experienced three appointments where no one has arrived, had a technician arrive on site and declare he was unable to locate a problem, done battle with your automated system and invariably lost, and generally been made to feel that no one in your company is actually capable of reconnecting a dangling cable.
  The experience I have had with Comcast has proven to be the most frustrating I have ever had with a company that did not provide health insurance.  The representatives I’ve spoken with are either lackadaisical to the point of immobility, or are completely hamstrung by an ineffectual organizational structure that does not allow for solutions.  My hope is that, in being as detailed as I possibly can, you will be able to highlight areas for possible improvement, and we will be able to have a fully informed discussion regarding compensation for our downtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment