Sunday, June 12, 2011

Oh Come On, Come On, Emmanuel.

6/17/11 | 3:05pm

A transcript of my live chat.

analyst Emmanuel John has entered room

efamaBLD: Hello Topher, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Emmanuel John. Please give me one moment to review your information.

Topher: We have a disconnected cable dangling in front of our house. The tech has not honored the last 3 scheduled appointments. I have spoken with ten service reps for a total of over 3 hours in four days.
efamaBLD: Welcome to Comcast! I hope your day is going well. How may I help you?

efamaBLD: It seems that you have a request today. I would be glad to help you with that, Topher.

Topher: Hi Emmanuel. I’m hoping you can help me resolve this. I've been without internet/cable since Tuesday.
efamaBLD: My apologies for the frustration this issue has caused you. I'm going to do everything I can to resolve this with you today.

efamaBLD: Just to verify, Topher, do you have problems with your internet service right now?

Topher: Yes. I'm contacting you from work. We have no cable or internet at the house.

efamaBLD: I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having with our service. I'm not going to waste any time here, let's get right to fixing it.
efamaBLD: To ensure the protection of your account and so I could asssit you further, I need to verify some information:
efamaBLD: Account number please.

Topher: (Account Number)
efamaBLD: Thank you for the information. Please give me a minute or two while I pull up your account.

efamaBLD: While waiting, I'd also like to tell you that music lovers and enthusiasts can now enjoy original shows, interviews, music videos organized by genre, 16 video and forty six audio channels,create customized playlists and music channels. To access all these simply log-on to www.comcast.net/music.

Topher: That’s great. I just want someone to fix the cable hanging outside my house.
efamaBLD: May I ask if when did you subscribe to our internet service?

Topher: We became Comcast customers on June 5th. Services were installed on that date.

efamaBLD: Just to verify, is it June 5, 2011?

Topher: That is correct. The services were installed in our home on June 5th.

efamaBLD: Was it a self install Topher?

Topher: No. Services were installed by technician #8749.

efamaBLD: Thank you.

efamaBLD: Let me now check your account and pinpoint what the problem may be.

Topher: You may find additional information on ticket #2192952.
efamaBLD: Topher, I may ask you to troubleshoot or check the connection of the internet in your home but it seems that this is not possible since you are not at home.

Topher: Emmanuel, do you have access to the records of the conversations and steps taken with the previous ten reps?

Topher: I will make this very plain: We have a line down. No one will fix it. No one will tell me why. Can you tell me why?

efamaBLD: I apologize Topher, but our system cannot pull up previous chat records that you had with other representatives. We only have access to your account.

Topher: These were not chats. These were phone calls, with service tickets issued. Is there currently a work order on my account?

efamaBLD: I apologize but we do not have access to the previous phone conversations that you had with our representatives Topher. But I am here to help you today. I can see here that there is still a scheduled technician to go to your home on 06/20/2011 at 11:00AM-2:00PM. It seems that the best thing you can do now is to be there when the technician will come so you can discuss your issues with the technician.

Topher: Whoa whoa whoa. ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THIS? Three days from now? Why has no one alerted me of this appointment? How is it acceptable to have no service for a week?

Topher: This is absolutely preposterous.

efamaBLD: This may have been scheduled when you called for support previously Topher. I really apologize for the inconvenience of you having to contact us for this.

Topher: Tell me who to call, Emmanuel. I've tried customer support since Tuesday. Give me a number, a department. If I were applying for new service, they guarantee install in 24 hours. I have been a customer less than two weeks. Help me resolve this.

efamaBLD: Sure Topher, I would be glad to provide you our support number. Here is our support number: 800-934-6489 (XFINITY)

Topher: That is the number I've been calling for four days. I feel that you are not acknowledging the horrific lack of customer service happening here. I've spoken on the phone with your reps for three hours, it has accomplished nothing. Please tell me what my other options are.

efamaBLD: Topher, I would be glad to assist you in troubleshooting your internet issue but it seems that it not possible right now since you are not yet at home. The option you have is to contact us through phone when you are at home so we can assist you in troubleshooting your internet issue or you can also wait for the technician to go to your home so you can inquire with the technician.

Topher: Are you saying the line that is disconnected and hanging in the air outside is not the cause of the internet being down? Those are unrelated?

efamaBLD: I apologize but I cannot be sure since I have not seen the set up of your cable lines. It would be the technician who can best check it out for you Topher since the technician can see the physical set up of your cables.

Topher: I was not aware that this chat was exclusively reserved for internet connection problems. Is that the case?

efamaBLD: Topher, in this chat we only support internet and phone issues. I am glad that I was able to assist and inform you today. Will there be anything else that you want me to assist you with?

Topher: Yes. My internet is not currently working due to a disconnected cable. Can you tell me the best method for resolving this in a timely manner?

efamaBLD: May I ask if you are still in front of your computer? Please acknowledge if you are still there and needs further assistance.

Topher: I'm here. I require further assistance.

efamaBLD: Topher,since you are not at home right now, we may not be able to troubleshoot this right now. The only option you have now is to contact us via phone when you are at home so we can troubleshoot this or you can wait for the technician on 06/20/2011.

Topher: I see. And what is the number I would call to communicate with Dispatch?

efamaBLD: Topher, I believe you have provided your contact number when you previously requested for the technician. Just to inform you, it will be the technician who will be calling you on your given number.

efamaBLD: Will there be anything else that you want me to assist you with?

Topher: In your experience, will customers whose service appointments have been ignored be given priority in rescheduling?

efamaBLD: Topher, the technician will be there according to the date that you have scheduled with us.
Topher: Oh, you’re funny. You’re a very funny person.

efamaBLD: Rest assured that the technician will be there on the scheduled date Topher. Again, I apologize for he inconvenience of you having to contact us for this. I am glad that I was able to assist you today. Will there be anything else that you want me to assist you with?

Topher: Please stop saying you assisted me. We know that isn't true. I'll accept the laughable customer support, but I cannot bear to think that you're walking away feeling we accomplished something.

analyst Emmanuel John has left room

Topher: May I ask if you are still in front of your computer?

No comments:

Post a Comment