Friday, June 17, 2011

A Series of False Starts

06/16/11  |  5:48pm
I get out of the car with my groceries.  And there’s the dangling coaxial cable.  The technician technically still has two hours, but I don’t trust it.  I’m on the phone with Comcast before I’m even in the door.  As I’m on hold to “Discuss an appointment scheduled for today,” it drops my call.  (Call length: 1:33)
06/16/11  |  5:50pm
My estimated hold time is 24 minutes.  It offers to schedule a callback.  I accept this option.  The first available callback is on June 18th.  Which is two days from now.  I decline this option.  It puts me back on hold.  A few minutes later, it drops my call.  (Call length: 6:55)
06/16/11  |  5:57pm
On hold for the third time, an automated message says “We are unable to complete your call at this time.  Message 12, Switch 252.”  And then it drops my call.  This is infuriating because:  Thing one, how the hell is me knowing the message and switch useful in this situation?  Do I need to call someone and tell them to flip switch 252?  Or did the people who got messages one through eleven already take care of this?  And thing two, the computer voice is lying, because obviously he can complete my call at this time.  He just hung up on me, which fucking completed it.  (Call length: 2:11)
06/16/11  |  6:04pm
It rings twice, and then I get a busy signal.  Which is not how busy signals work.  So the busy signal is lying to me.  At this moment, I can’t even trust a dial tone if it comes from Comcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment